AC Induction Motors
Motion Control Products supply a range of AC induction motors with standard IEC mountings and performances configured to suit customers requirements. Our AC induction motors can be offered with special shafts, flanges and mountings to meet the requirements of your applications.
Induction motors are the most common type of AC motor. They have a relatively fixed speed and are inexpensive, efficient, simple and reliable.
- Motors are 2 pole, 4 pole, 6 pole or 8 pole in 50 or 60 hertz. We can often wind motors to be dual frequency and have worked closely with customers to ensure satisfactory performance and heat rise with a range of voltages and frequencies.
- Motors come in a range of sizes from 55mm (2.2 inch) up to 113mm (4.5 inch) in diameter, with powers up to 10 kW.
- These motors are often used for pumps of a wide variety, such as centrifugal pumps, regenerative pumps, diaphragm pumps or gear pumps. Air movement is also popular, though the list of possible applications is endless.
- Many of the motors use a rolled steel shell and come with IP22 or IP44 rated enclosures. We can also supply open frame motors for enclosure in products such as washing machines, blowers and lawn mowers.
- Motors can also be supplied with aluminium cast or extruded shells. These offer the ability to fit feet and terminal boxes very neatly.
- Most of the induction motors we sell are for OEMs and are highly customised to suit their application, with specific terminal boxes, flanges, feet, cables, integral or external cooling and paint colour and finish. Motors can be delivered direct to your works in quantities up to container loads, or we can hold stock so that you are supplied with the quantity you require, when you want it.
- We are familiar with the requirements of BS EN60335 and the special materials and clearances required to comply with the standard. We can always help advise on this and other standards.
Do not hesitate to contact us regarding your induction motor application. We are happy to assist with the specification of your motors, and ensuring that they are correctly applied and maintain a satisfactory operating temperature.
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for datasheets, technical drawings (2D / 3D), hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...