Typically, besides the custom builds, the specialised products that Motion Control Products Ltd. offers include linear motors, voice coil motors and torque motors (DDR, direct drive motors). Our engineering team can give you precise advice on the range of specialised motors we can provide.
A Torque Motor is the generic name given to a motor that can provide a continuous torque whilst stalled, without incurring damage. This includes all brushless DC servo motors, both housed and unhoused. Often the term Torque Motor is given to frameless motors which incorporate characteristics that suit high torque at low speed.
We supply a range of round and flat voice coil actuators which are, in effect, direct drive motors that can position at high speed and at high acceleration as well as very slow speed and acceleration depending on the application requirements.
Power and torque optimised stator and rotor kits enable any design engineer to develop best in class combination solutions for specific applications.
- AVM cylindrical series and AVA planar series
- Direct drive, zero cogging, zero backlash
- No contact between coil and core movement (no wear and tear)
- Ideal for medical and industrial applications
- Highest torque-to-weight for direct drive robotics
- Frameless for maximum flexibility
- Back drivability and compliance for safe interactions
- Built in impact resistance for lighter and simpler mechanical designs
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for datasheets, technical drawings, hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...