Motion Control Products supply a range of cylindrical and planar voice coil motors which are, in effect, direct drive linear motors that can positioned at high speed with high acceleration depending on the application requirements. The voice coil motor can be controlled by a digital servo drive, coupled with suitable feedback it is the ideal solution for short-distance high speed positioning, position, velocity or force controlled sinusoidal oscillation and constant force application.
- Zero backlash, zero hysteresis and zero cogging
- Low coil mass with very fast response and high bandwidth
- No contact between coil and core movement (no wear and tear)
- Smooth motion at low speeds with limitless resolution (depends on feedback device)
Due to their versatility, Voice Coils can be found in a myriad of applications, such as: Optical lens focusing, pick & place machines, industrial sewing machines, hydrualic and pneumatic proportional valve control and surgical equipment.
AVM Voice Coil Actuators Features
- Motor frame size: 12mm - 90mm
- Many models available with stroke from 5 mm to 30 mm
- Continuous Force range from 1.75N to 74.25N (standard version) & from 14N to 1111N (high force version)
AVA Voice Coil Actuators Features
- Direct drive actuators with only two terminals
- 3 models available (AVA1,2,3) with stroke of 20 mm
- Continuous Force range between 2.7N to 17.9N
- Low profile; suitable for designs into linear stages
The AVM series of voice coils is a range of extremely compact, force-dense linear motors. These units are designed for short, high-frequency movements. Ideal for applications such as medical, industrial pick-place and optical positioning, these units offer extremely smooth motion, a low moving mass and zero cogging or hysterisis.
The AVA Voice Coil series is a range of planar voice coil motors. The AVA series is characterized by an extremely low profile form factor, allowing them to be assembled into compact linear actuation stages for a myriad of technologies in medical and industrial applications. Like all voice coils, they have a quick response and offer smooth motion with no cogging effect.
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for pricing, datasheets, technical drawings (2D / 3D), hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...