Our innovative AMT capacitive encoders from CUI Devices are a range of rugged, high-accuracy modular encoders available in incremental, absolute and commutation versions. Thanks to CUI Devices’ proprietary capacitive sensing technology, the AMT series encoders are not easily contaminated by dirt, dust and oil that typically plague encoders in industrial environments.
Its ASIC-based construction makes AMT capacitive encoders far less susceptible to vibration than the glass disk of an traditional optical encoders. Also, by using a semiconductor instead of an LED, our AMT modular encoders can avoid LED burn-out issue.
Our AMT rotary encoders support shaft sizes from 1mm to 15.875mm (5/8 in), with a range of resolutions (some models are programmable via AMT Viewpoint™ GUI), shaft length and output signal types to meet a variety of motion control needs. It provides users a highly-reliable motor and motion control feedback solution for all their application needs.
All AMT capacitive encoder ranges are also available as a Kit, which means the assembly can be done within minimal time and effort. With just a few durable pieces, it snaps together in seconds without risk of damaging a glass optical disk or other fragile components.
Combined with an operating temperature range from -40°C up to 125°C, high accuracy, simple assembly, and low current draw, AMT modular encoders provide an ideal solution for industrial, automation, robotics, and renewable energy applications.
- 22 programmable resolutions up to 5120 PPR
- Quadrature A, B channels
- Single pulse index per revolution
- CMOS voltage or quadrature line driver outputs
- Mounting shaft options from 1mm - 15.875mm (5/8 in)
- 12-bit or 14-bit resolutions
- SPI, SSI, or RS-485 interfaces
- Single-turn or multi-turn outputs
- Support 2mm to 8mm shaft sizes (9 options)
- Radial or axial cable connections
- High accuracy of ±0.2 mechanical degrees
- One Touch Zero™ feature
- Programmable incremental resolutions up to 4096ppr
- 3 phase U, V, W commutation signals
- Programmable 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 & 20 brushless motor poles
- CMOS voltage or line driver outputs
- Mounting shaft options from 2mm - 15.875mm (5/8 in)
- One Touch Zero™ feature
Oil Test: Capacitive Encoder Vs. Optical Encoder
Fast & Simple Process of Aligning AMT Encoder Vs. Optical Encoder
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for datasheets, technical drawings (2D / 3D), hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...