Liberty MDrive (LMD) Features & Benefits
- 1.8° 2-phase, NEMA size NEMA17, 23, 34 (in 1,2,3 stack lengths)
- Built-in protection circuitry
- Optional IP65 rating with M12 circular connectors against water and dust ingress
- Auxiliary logic power supply input
- 20 microstep resolutions to 51,200 steps/rev
- Programmable motor run and hold currents
- Delivering smooth operation at low speed
- Performance at high speed
- High starting torque
- Torque mode
- A battery-free multi-turn absolute encoder can detect shaft movement and store position information for up to 30 days without power.
- Isolated communication and I/O
- LED status indicators
- Communication protocols: RS-422/485; CANOpen; Ethernet: EtherNet/IP, Profinet, ModbusTCP
Liberty MDrive (LMD)
Integrated Stepper Motors with Electronics
Rotary or linear format
- Closed loop feedback
- Motors delivering up to 2X more torque
- Variable current control for saving energy and reducing heat
- Torque control
The Liberty MDrive (LMD, or formerly known as Lexium MDrive) integrated motor uses an isolated RS-422/485 communication interface with selectable BAUD rate ranging from 4.8 to 115 kb per second via a standard 9-pin D-subminiature connector. An optional USB to RS-422/485 Comm converter with cable is available and is compatible with all 32 and 64 bit operating systems. For ease of use, an intuitive user software suite is provided for all product versions.
A new Automation Library is released recently for improved control of industrial devices and motion control components over Profinet networks. The library add-on instructions (AOI) enhance the capabilities of Liberty MDrive® (LMD) products by providing executable code blocks to speed interface with popular Profinet PLCs including Siemens S7 PLCs. The Motion control with AOI automation library is available for free download HERE.
Typical applications: Packaging machines (e.g. bottles wrapped, bottles capping, strapping and bundling); Labelling machines, Handling machines, scanning (Medical or industrial X-Y positioning gantries), peristaltic pumps and laboratory automation and more...
All Liberty MDrive (rotary) products are backed by an extended warranty that doubles the previous 2-year coverage period to 4-years.
There are three motor frame sizes available: NEMA 17 (42mm), NEMA 23 (57mm) and NEMA 34 (86mm) with four different functionalities: Pulse & Direction, Motion Control, CANOpen and Ethernet (EtherNet/IP, Profinet, ModbusTCP).
LMD MDrive Technical Overview
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for pricing, datasheets, technical drawings (2D / 3D), hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...