SMAC Moving Coil Actuators
Motion Control Products offers innovative LDL series moving coil actuators from Smac Inc., the most cost-effective alternative solution and replacement when considering moving away from air / pneumatic cylinders...
Our LDL series moving coil actuators from SMAC Inc. are cost-competitive, precision programmable electric actuators based on patented moving coil technology. This technology gives all SMAC actuators (including LDL series) great technical advantages over other electric or pneumatic actuators:
- The ability to programmably control forces as well as positions and speeds (Patented)
- Much higher accelerations up to 60G
- Long life: >100 million cycles have been achieved
- The ability to “Soft-LandTM” on surfaces (Patented), which gives extremely accurate sensing of product location or dimensions
- Unique configurations that allow individual control of linear and rotary axis (Patented)
LDL Series Linear Actuators
A cost-competitive alternative to pneumatics
Up to 90N peak force
- Precision linear guide life tested to 500 million life cycles
- With or without built-in controller
- Programmable in position, speed, and force
- Setup changes are automatic
- Repeatability - 20 ms cycle time variance
LDL series moving coil actuator is an economical, space saving solution, designed with an integrated or standalone controller options. It is fully programmable in force, acceleration, position and velocity and allows users to change product profiles on the fly. SMAC’s Patented "Soft-LandTM" capability enables the unit to gently land on a delicate component, then apply a programmed precise force with a controlled force to avoid damage of both the component and the actuator. It has been designed as a cost-competitive alternative to pneumatics / air cylinders, with the following unique features:
- Fully programmable in Position, Acceleration, Velocity and Force
- Sub- micron resolution (5 µm to 100nm)
- Low moving mass = high acceleration
- Direct drive = no backlash, excellent repeatability
- Force control = Soft-LandTM capability
- >100 million cycles MTBF = Long operating life
- < 55dB = Officially ‘Silent’ in operation
- Higher cycle rates, long cycle life
- Built-in controller available (optional add-on)
- Ability to feed back in real time what happened when work was done
LDL series moving coil actuators are designed to perform at exceptionally high speeds or very low speeds and with sub-micron accuracy and repeatability with as precise as 1 ms response time. This makes them ideal for a wide range of positioning, measuring, inspection, and pick-and-place applications, particularly where 100% verification is required. Customers desiring to increase up-time, ease of set up, and adjustment can make dramatic improvements by using mechatronic SMAC moving coil technology.
Ready to find out more? Contact us for a quote!
Please contact our technical sales team for pricing, datasheets, technical drawings (2D / 3D), hardware & software manuals or any other technical information for your applications...